Octavo's School Improvement team is dedicated to the continuous professional development of the whole school workforce. We offer comprehensive information, support and advice relating to local and national workforce issues, and aim to work in close partnership with schools to ensure the development of an effective and responsive workforce through:
- The provision of a central training and development programme for all members of the school workforce
- Supporting leadership teams to develop their workforce and professional development strategy
- Providing information, support and guidance on career development opportunities for the school workforce, including the wider workforce and school leaders
- Leading on a range of research and development projects
We are committed to the right of all children and young people to have an excellent education.
Our continuing professional development (CPD) programme has been designed to support you to achieve excellence and improve outcomes and life chances for your learners.
Octavo's central training and development programme for school staff is published via the Training page.
The programme includes a wide range of courses and conferences for school leaders, teachers and the wider school workforce in the following areas:
- Leadership and management
- Teaching and learning in English, and mathematics
- Behaviour and attendance
- Ethnic minority and traveller achievement
- Personal development
- Health and wellbeing
- Newly qualified teachers
- Other areas, depending on local and national priorities
We provide support for CPD leaders, headteachers and course delegates in using our system. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any queries.